India has about 50,000 startups only in 2018, around 8,900 – 9,300 of these are technology-led startups and 1300 new tech startups were born in 2019 alone implying there are 2-3 tech startups born every day. We know any startup starts with an idea and with a dream to make it successful but if you are thinking all startups always get success then you are wrong. Only a few startups create success stories but have you ever think why these startups are successful and others failed?
There are many reasons behind it e.g, Wrong business strategy, the Funds problem or launching products without market study, etc. But one thing which every startup ignores is serving a good User experience to its customers. Many startups assume they develop the MVP and launch in the market and will get an overwhelming response from customers.
Here from the issues starts because they straight ignore the user needs and expectation which people expecting from the product. The only beautiful interface design doesn’t solve customer problems. Good UX is equally important for a successful product. If your user is not able to use or transact with your product properly it definitely will fail. And it’s happening because people don’t understand the difference between UX and UI. Let’s try to understand the difference between UX and UI.
The Difference Between UI and UX
The user interface focuses on how your application looks. It covers aspects such as:
- Easy of Use
- The Design Aesthetic
- Good looking colors and graphics
- The way of Presentation
A good user interface has to be visually appealing, simple, convenient, and comfortable for people to use.
User experience, on the other hand, is about how people feel while using your application. It caters to the users:-
Why UI/UX Matters?
Whatever product you are selling, eventually the end-goal is to attract potential clients and convert them into loyal customers and generate business to grow. Everyone has to understand that only happy and satisfied customers, will you be able to generate high revenue and a strong brand.
How UI/UX assist with it? An attractive user interface and smooth user experience are elements that keep your user engaged and attract them to use your services. Presently the mobile traffic generates around USD 188.9 Billion in income for companies. With rising mobile users across the globe, start-ups have to focus on delivering exceptional UI and UX in order to survive in the market.
Benefits of Having a Good UI/UX for Companies
- Optimized Customer SatisfactionRelevant content, creative design, easy navigation, etc. are aspects that users expect to see in an application. The more people use your app, the more they use your services, thereby generating greater ratings and more downloads.
- Brand AwarenessAn effective and unconventional UI/UX is a great way to build strong brand awareness. When customers have a happy and satisfying experience, they’ll certainly come back. Along with great services that cater to problems, users’ experience relies on how you make them feel. Therefore, it is important to improve and upgrade the app in order to meet the constantly changing users’ needs and expectations.
- Improve User InteractionThe designing of a user interface is done with the objective of reaching out to potential clients. This is why it is imperative for startups to invest in building great UI. Moreover, an effective interface will make it easier for growing companies to understand their user’s reactions to their services.
- Saves Money and TimeA good investment in designing a good UI/UX would never go to waste. In fact, the more you work on it, the more benefits you will reap. A well-structured app would not need many improvements and fixing, which would eventually save time and money for the company.
UI/UX – Helping you Make Way to Users Heart
Eventually, it all about providing the best experience to your audience, only then you will be able to achieve all your business objectives. The importance of UI and UX design is critical for start-ups as the first impression can pave for the future. It helps companies to win end-users confidence by providing them with exactly what they are looking for. Additionally, the digital experience is at the core of every product and services today, therefore a good experience or the lack of it can make or break the business.